On Thursday, October 29, the STEM Education Coalition hosted a webinar to explore the impacts of the COVID-19 crisis on current and long term trends in the education and workforce development of technicians in the science, technology, engineering, and math fields. Panelists brought a range of perspectives across multiple industries as stakeholders navigate the current climate and what it portends for these in-demand skills and future jobs.
- Karen Johnson, Associate Professor, Department of Aviation Technologies, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Todd Hitchcock, Senior Vice President – Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer, Universal Technical Institute
- Tamika Duplessis, Acting Vice-Chancellor for Student Affairs & Executive Dean City Park Campus, Delgado Community College
- Utaukwa Allen, Senior Director of Global Community Development, Microsoft
- James Brown, Executive Director, STEM Education Coalition (Moderator)
A recording is available below: