On Wednesday, May 12, the STEM Education Coalition Policy Forum, in conjunction with Education Development Center, hosted a webinar to discuss underserved populations—each of which intersects significantly with race—that typically experience exclusion from high quality STEM experiences as well as from significant opportunities to contribute to the enterprise. Panelists underscored that active engagement and contribution to STEM by all underserved populations is essential to achieving equity and excellence as a nation, to growing STEM international leadership and to reversing income inequality.
- Pam Buffington – Director of Rural STEM Initiatives, EDC
- Shelley Gretlein, Vice President of Portfolio Business Software Strategy, National Instruments
- Dr. Roberta Rincon, Associate Director of Research, Society of Women Engineers
- Dr. Calvin Mackie, President and Founder, STEM NOLA
- Dr. Eden Badertscher- Principal Research Scientist & NSF INCLUDES STEM-OPS PI, EDC
- James Brown, Executive Director, STEM Education Coalition
View the full webinar below.