The central mission of the STEM Education Coalition is to inform federal and state policymakers on the critical role that science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education plays in U.S. competitiveness and future economic prosperity.
- STEM education must be elevated as a national priority.
- Our nation’s future economic prosperity is closely linked with student success in the STEM fields .
- The U.S. must expand the capacity and diversity of the STEM workforce pipeline.
- Policymakers at every level must be informed about policy issues related to STEM education.
- Effective policies to promote STEM education should be bipartisan and evidence-based.